A United Heritage short term disability plan provides coverage for income lost when employees are unable to work because of a non-occupational accident, illness, or pregnancy. A United Heritage STD policy supports a disabled employee's abilities. We believe employees have a desire to lead active, independent lives and contribute to their employer's productivity.
- Weekly benefits up to 70% of employee’s lost income
- Waiting periods for accident and illness ranging from 1-30 days
- Maximum benefit duration: 13, 26 and 52 weeks available
- Recurrent disability variables
- Contributory, non-contributory, and voluntary options
- Our standard STD policy doesn’t require a period of total disability for a claimant to qualify for benefits
- Our STD and LTD policies work together to allow claimants to return to work for up to one half of the LTD elimination period without restarting it and without having to start a new STD disability claim should they be unable to sustain their return to work period
Our STD policy is designed to provide benefits to those employees who are unable to work, while facilitating their return to work whenever possible. Employees are encouraged to make the right choices about their treatment and their employment potential.